Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know which division to register for?
Review the age categories tab before registering.
2. When will I know which night my practice will be?
We don't know this at this time. Until coaches are found and assigned, it comes down to the coaches availability and gym space. We rely on the usage of the local schools for gym space. Be prepared to practice in Carleton Place or Almonte.
3. My child is involved in multiple sports, how can I make sure that there are no conflicts?
The basketball season is long and we understand there will be conflicts. If the chosen night does not work for your child, you will be offered a refund up to a certain date (less a $25 administration fee).
4. When my child does have a conflict, will this be OK?
Please advise your coach of any conflicts as they will need to be aware. They plan their practices according to the number of players and games they never want to be surprised and be short of players.
5. Do you accept friend requests?
We do try for the U10 division; however, we cannot guarantee this. We do need to ensure that the teams are balanced, and it is a great opportunity to meet new faces!
6. I am interested in coaching, assistant coaching or managing a team. Who should I contact?
We are always looking for volunteers and can not run our divisions without you stepping forward. Contact our Coach Liaison
7. What is your Refund Policy?
House and Competitive participants refund requests are as follows:
To receive a refund, please make your request to Naismith Registrar
8. What if I register and my child does not want to play anymore?
Please notify your coach and the Naismith Registrar