Naismith Basketball Association
We welcome players of all levels in all divisions. We are pleased to offer House League and Competitive Divisions.
- Registration Fee for 2023-2024 will be $250 for house league players and $450 for competitive league players
- $100 for our Little Naismith Program
- Following registration you will receive an email confirmation/receipt.
- Credit Card is the only accepted method of payment.
- Jumpstart applications are available for families who meet specific financial criteria. Information to apply for your child is found here.
Players will receive further communications in September on the season start-up and sort-out schedules.
- Registration for this program opens mid September for the Fall session and then mid December for our January session
- As we need to get our competitive and house teams ready for league play, we focus on Little Naismith after that is sorted
- There is always limited space available so you will want to watch out for registration details as they are announced on our website and social media
House League Details
League runs from October to April/May. Official start of the league is Nov 1.
- Teams are capped at 12 per team due to equal playing time, anymore players than this does not allow for adequate game play.
All house league players will have one practice and one game per week. Practices will always be at the same time/day/gym weekly, unless there is a gym cancellation by the school. Game day will always be on the same day for the duration of the season for each house league division, schedule released usually in advance.
All house league divisions will enjoy divisional year-end tournaments at the end of the season.
Competitive League Details
- Commitment of two practices a week, 1.5 hours in duration.
- Up to 3 tournaments and year end championships are paid for by the association.
Sort-Outs and Team Balancing
Depending on the number of players registered, there may be sort outs at the beginning of the season to ensure the teams are balanced. This should be expected to start in mid to late September.
- Competitive team try outs will be announced mid to late September.
Friend requests are only considered at U10 and cannot be guaranteed.
Coaches will communicate with their teams once sort-outs are completed notifying them of the practice gym, night and time.
Teams will have at least 1 practice with their final roster before their first games.
All teams are guaranteed 20* games through out the season, including both regular season play and their divisional year end tournament.
NO practices or games during School Holiday Breaks (including Christmas, Family Day weekend, March break or Easter)
*this has been the norm in past years. We will know more once schedules are released
- Practices can be held Monday through Thursday from 6 to 7:30 and then 7:30 to 9 for the older divisions.
- Practices will be held at local school gyms in either Carleton Place, Beckwith or Almonte. These are determined after coaches are assigned and their availability.
- House teams practice once a week for 1.5 hours
- Competitive teams practice twice per week for 1.5 hours each
- As we rely on the gym usage through the schools, we are at their mercy with respect to applying for gym space. The portal does not open until the beginning of September so that is why you don't hear from us until mid September as we need to review the gym times accepted vs how many teams need a time slot.
- Schedules for both house and competitive will be shared by their coaches once received
- House league will play in Stittsville/Kanata area usually with some home games in Almonte or Carleton Place, usually on the weekend
- Competitive teams do need to be prepared to travel the Eastern Ontario region on weeknights and weekends.
- Registrar will register teams on their behalf and forward the relevant information to coaches to share with their teams for both house league and competitive.
If you have any questions, please contact our Naismith Registrar